If you thought you heard radical ideas from politicians in the past, just wait ’til you hear this one.
Imagine this, what would happen if we took the United States of America, the so-called “most powerful country”, and Canada, the second-largest country in the world, and put them together? It would solve America’s declining living standards and Canada’s trouble with developing and defending the large space!
I’ll wait for the laughing to stop. And I’ll keep waiting. And waiting.
I know it sounds crazy (This merger would be nearly as big as the Louisiana Purchase back in 1803), but it might actually be possible, and plausible. Here are some reasons why:
1) Canada has 126,000 miles of coastline and just 33 ships in the navy. The U.S. could help with that.
2) The U.S. is prone to droughts and Canada has 20% of the world’s water.
3) Much of Canada is basically untouched. The U.S. could provide workers and money to develop the land, creating millions of jobs.
4) Our cultures are already very similar. Case in point, how many celebrities do we have in the U.S. today who are Canadian? Rachel McAdams, Ryan Reynolds, Anna Paquin, Seth Rogen, and Drake, just to name a few.
5) Both nations have been facing problems, the most recent being the 9/11 attacks and the 2008 financial crisis, while the other nations like China and India are constantly growing stronger.
Think about it. What would you do if you are pressed against the proverbial wall with no way out?